Saturday, February 23, 2013

Count the Hearts...

Hi everyone,
It's Sandy here and look I'm posting relatively early today...LOL
I'm usually too busy during the week to work on my Saturday project, hence why I most of the time post late in the afternoon/early evening.

Today I'd like to start off this post by sharing with you some of the new products that have just arrived at the store. First we have the gorgeous Flower Sprays:
Yes, I shall admit that they're a wee bit messy; these are dried flowers so some heads tend to fall off, though there are plenty of them and they're sooooooo pretty!

Secondly, please take a look at these adorable shabby chic miniature angels, appprox. 3cm in height: 
 

These cute Clay Hearts have also just been added to the website:

These are just some of the new decorations; there are also quite a few new trims and laces (and more are on their way! :-)) so if you haven't visited the store for a while, it'll be worth popping over and checking out all the New Goodies here.

Now over to my card...
This week's it's Almas Week, and as I've already told you how much I ♥ this collection multiple times,  I'm not going to nag about it again... :-)
I'll say though that I love the fact that the purple papers can be combined both with pink and lilac (purple). For the two previous cards I made, I used pink, but today I've gone with lilac.

The image I've used is "Canary Love" from Saturated Canary, and I found a ticket on the Cut Out Sheet that I thought would go brilliantly with this image:
How many hearts can you find on my card? LOL
Yes, I know that Valentine's was last week. Thing is though, I was just going to use some of the new hearts on my card, and then everything evolved from there... :-)
 
Both the card shape, the heart frame and the background square have been cut out with my Cameo.
Here are some close up pics, so you get a better look at the new hearts and the flower sprays.
The seam binding is "English Lavender". The lilac poppies were toned down a bit with Gesso, which was also applied to the bird cage charm. I coloured the cheese cloth with a Copic marker, and also the Maya Road mini heart pins...and then they were exposed to a bit of Gesso treatment... :-) I think that's it.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the weekend!
Hugz,
Sandy


3 comments:

  1. Sandy, Sandy, du führst mich immer wieder in Versuchung! Diese winzigen Blumenkügelchen sind so wunderschön, und die Herzen, die niedlichen Engelchen - oh, oh.
    Deine Karte ist wieder der absolute Traum. Die hast du so wunderschön gestaltet, lo liebevoll dekoriert. Ich bin wieder total begeistert.
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Sonntag.
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I love the hearts and new flower sprays, just gorgeous
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love those new tiny flower heads, and the card is just lovely - that pale blue rose is to die for!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete