Friday, November 14, 2014

Shabby and Elegant Christmas Card

Hi everyone;
YAY; it's Friday and the weekend is upon us.
Hope you've got some crafty time planned this weekend for all those Christmas cards and projects that are yet to be made...that is if you're like me. I still have soooo many left to make... :-)

This week I challenged the team to create something with "Scandinavian Christmas" in mind.
Being Swedish myself, I have thoroughly enjoyed this week so far, and I hope you have as well!
Tracy, Tina, Becky and Alyce, all had amazing takes. If you missed any of them, I encourage you to scroll down and take a look.

Anywho; I suppose it's not more than fair that I give it a go myself...
This is what Scandinavian Christmas looks like to me:

I love antique/vintage blue on cards, and also for Christmas, but when I think of Christmas Scandinavian style the first thing that comes to mind is traditional red.
The gorgeous red sheet used here is Given from the Heart from this year's Christmas Collection by Maja Design. The white outer circle I cut from the sheet "Handwritten Post Card", and the sentiment (an ancient Magnolia stamp) was stamped on the same sheet. (The circles are from a brand new die set by Spellbinder's called "Royal Circle).

Quite dominant on the card is the elegant satin bow with NEW the rhinestones pearl heart in the middle. These stunning hearts are available in seven different colours:

NEW are also these stunning 12mm round buttons:

..and check these sparklies out:
Another thing I associate with Scandinavian Christmas is of course snow (well at least if you're from the North, as I am. Then every year is a white Christmas. :-)). Therefore I've used lots of snow-tex.

Finally; most Scandinavians are outdoor people who love to spend time out in the nature. This is symbolized by the natural elements; the cinnamon sticks (covered with Glamour Dust), the cones, and the jute twine.

Thanks for stopping by today and please visit us again tomorrow to check out  what our other Scandinavian team member Heidi, from Norway, has got for us.

Hugz, Sandy


1 comment: