Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sweets for my Sweeties

Hi Everyone,
This will be the last post this year for me, but before we turn page to 2016 I have got a little project I made before Christmas to share. :-)
This was my Christmas gift for the DT Members this year.
I decided to go with traditional reds and white; I always say my favourite colour when it comes to cards and craft projects is ~antique~ blue, but nothing speaks Christmas, Scandinavian Christmas like red and white!!!  And what better collection to use than Maja Design's lovely traditional X-mas collection from last year, "A Gift For You"?!!!
The boxes have "windows", which were embossed with Chunky White Frantage, and here one also gets a better look at the content; marshhmallows, mini candy canes and Marianne (Scandinavian mint chocolate candy). 

The 7 boxes I made are all pretty much the same, but with small variations, because for one I'd get bored if I were to do them exactly the same and more importantly, because each DT member is unique, so they ought to have their own unique box, don't ya' think?!

One of Tina's favourite trims from the LLC store is the gorgeous Pearl Lace with Beads;

Becky loves the Shabby Rose Organza Trim;
Tracy is very fond of pearls, especially the Double Row Pearl Trim;
Diana tends to have a lot of hearts on her projects, so for her I chose the Heart Crochet Trim;
Karen's favourite above all, is the sweet & shabby Lace Madeleine...
 Alyce can't get enough of the Rhinestones Lace...

Finally; Debbie, being the newest member of the LLC DT Team, I'm not quite sure what her favourite lace/trim is (ye), but I know she likes both lace and pearls, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with the stunning  Pearl Lace :-)
What I also associate with Scandinavian Christmas are rustic and natural accents.
If you're familiar with the LLC store, you know that there's plenty of this kind of embellishments available.

Here I used cinnamon sticks, larch cones, rusty liberty bells & hearts, and the newest natural embellishment; sisal fibres. These have been heavily reduced in the current CHRISTMAS SALE (until January, 3rd), so now's a great time to stock up!

The small text stripes seen in the right hand corner on all the boxes are text strips from different Maja Design sheets.

The backside of the box;

Thanks for visiting today. See ya' again next year!
Hugz from Sandy



10 comments:

  1. So fabulous! What a treat to receive one of these!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Sandy!
    Deine Boxen sind grandios..., jede einzelne ein wunderschönes Kunstwerk und so liebevoll gestaltet mit den Lieblingsbänder jedes einzelnen DT's !!!
    Von Herzen wünsche ich dir alles erdenklich Liebe und Gute für's neue Jahr 2016 !!!
    Love,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Sandy these are so wonderful what lucky ladies your DT girls are just the most precious Christmas pressie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and Lovely Christmas gifts Sandy!!!!
    A Happy and creative New Year!!!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful gifts...I love the personal details you added Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful, what a wonderful gift for your super talented DT. I am sure they were thrilled to receive such a unique gift. Beautiful work Sandy. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabby git all those wonderful details hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are stunning perfect handmade gifts inspired !!! Wishing you all a Happy Healthy Creative 2016 :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they are beautiful Sandy. I just knew they would be :) Your team must have been thrilled to receive them. Wishing you and the team all the best for 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete